WHAT IS A SALESPERSON'S PERMIT?
- Is the legal document required if you are travelling to Bermuda for the purpose of selling or showcasing your products.
- Persons selling advertising also require a salesperson's permit.
- Permits are issued by the Immigration Department, however all applications must be submitted through the Bermuda Chamber of Commerce.
STEPS TO GETTING A PERMIT
- Download permit application
- Email or Mail the application with applicable application fee to the Bermuda Chamber of Commerce.
- Applications must be received at least 21 WORKING DAYS prior to you intended date of arrival in Bermuda.
- Salesperson without a sole Bermuda agent MUST list, at the time of application, ALL clients they intend to meet with while on island.
ARRIVAL IN BERMUDA
- Upon arrival in Bermuda, the salesperson must declare to the Customs officials at the airport all product goods or samples together with a complete invoice of those products.
- The Salesperson MUST travel with their approved Salesperson's permit.
- The Salesperson must proceed to clear his/her own goods.
- A deposit is required which includes the custom's duty, payable on the value of the products as well as an additional 50% of that amount.
- Depending on the nature of the goods, products will either be sealed for transportation to H.M. Customs Office in Hamilton City, where after obtaining the necessary Immigration permission, the goods will be inspected and released to the salesperson
- the Customs officials will themselves transport the goods to H.M. Customs in Hamilton city.
- Products may be retrieved by the salesperson only after obtaining and producing the necessary Immigration permission.
DEPARTURE FROM BERMUDA
- The salesperson must again take his goods to H.M. Customs in Hamilton for clearance and deposit refund.
If you have any questions, would like further information regarding a Salesperson's permit or would like to check on the status of your pending permit please contact Debra Carreiro at 295-4201 ext. 1 or email@example.com.